Professional Code of Conduct PolicyMSCC is committed to providing a safe, productive,and welcoming environment for all individuals who participate in its meetings, based on the full range of dimensions of diversity, including but not limited to age, citizenship, disability, ethnicity, gender or gender identity, genetic information, national origin, physical appearance, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or other characteristic (“personal characteristics”). MSCC meetings allow for the collegial exchange of ideas and discussion of issues related to the MSCC community. Civil discourse that includes and acknowledges a diversity of opinions and experiences is vital. Inappropriate behavior of any kind is not tolerated.
All MSCC meetings are intended to be safe spaces. Participants are expected to:
- Be respectful
- Listen actively
- Be collaborative
- Respect diversity, including communication differences
- Respect privacy of participants
- Ask for consent for audio-visual recordings, quotes, or photography
- Be aware of language diversity
- Handle disagreement constructively
- Act fairly, honestly, and in good faith with other participants
- Uphold the professional and educational purposes of meetings by respecting the rights, privacy, safety, and dignity of all persons.
- Exercise professionalism, consideration, and respect in their speech and actions.
- Refrain from harassing speech and other harassing behavior.
Abiding by these guidelines helps ensure that all individuals have a positive experience.
All forms of bullying, discrimination, and harassment are prohibited as is the promoting or encouraging of such behavior in any MSCC or MSCC managed meeting or activity. It is a violation of this policy to retaliate against an individual for reporting bullying, discrimination or harassment or to intentionally file a false report of bullying, discrimination, or harassment.
This code of conduct applies to every individual at the meeting, whether attendee, speaker, facilitator, guest, MSCC staff, contractor or other. It applies to all MSCC meetings and related events,including those sponsored by organizations other than MSCC that are held in conjunction with MSCC events, on public or private platforms.
Some MSCC spaces or events may have additional rules in place, which will be made clearly available to participants. Participants are responsible for knowing and abiding by these guidelines.